Chettinad pepper chicken recipe (1)
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to cook Chettinad pepper chicken. Black pepper is a key ingredient for chettinad dishes.
- Chicken pieces - 1/2 kilogram
- Finley chopped onion - 2
- Finely chopped tomato - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fennel seeds - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Curry leaf - 5 count
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Oil - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves, fennel seeds once the curry leaves stop splattering add onion and sauté until they become translucent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add tomato, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and sauté until the oil separates. Note: oil has to separate for good result.
- Now add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Now place a lid and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked and oil separates. No need to add water as chicken will release water if become too dry before the chicken cooks you can add little water.
- Now add coriander leaves mix well and cook for a minute then serve.
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Goes well with plain rice, sambar, rasam, chapati.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →