Easy mutton biryani recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Easy mutton biryani recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Mutton (goat or lamb) - 1/2 kilo gram
- Basmati rice - 2 cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Oil - 4 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inches (broken into small pieces)
- Cloves - 4
- Cardamom - 2
- Fennel seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Bay leaf - 1
- Onion - 1 small
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Garlic paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Hot green chili - 15
- Tomatoes - 3
- Mint leaves - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves (optional) - 4
- Soak the rice in water.
- Cut the onions into small pieces. Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Split the hot green chili into to two pieces.
- In a pressure cooker add 4 cups of water, salt, half ginger paste, half garlic paste, mutton and cook for 15 whistle or 20 - 30 min until the mutton is cooked. Now remove it and keep it aside.
- In the pressure cooker heat up ghee, oil. Now add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, fennel seed, bay leaf cook for 2-3 min.
- Now add onion and cook it turns to golden brown. Now add the turmeric powder and cook for 1 min.
- Now add the rest of the ginger and garlic paste and cooking until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add cut green chili and cook until the green chili turn color or cooked. Now add the mint, coriander leaves and cook for 1-2 min.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook until the oil separates. Now add the mutton pieces (not the water) and until its well mixed.
- Now filter the water from the soaked rice, add and cook for 1-2 min.
- Now add the 4 mutton cooked water ( if less add hot water). Cover and cook until 1 whistle or 5 - 10 min. Remove from fire.
- After 15 when the pressure is fully gone. Serve.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →