Chicken biryani recipe (2)
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to cook chicken biryani. who does not like biryani especially chicken biryani. Goes well with raitha.
- Chicken pieces - 350 grams
- Basmati rice - 500 grams
- Clove - 5 count
- Cinnamon stick - 2 count
- Cardamom - 3 count
- Bay leaves - 4 count
- Cumin seed - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fennel seed - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Slit green chili - 3
- Finely chopped onion - 4
- Finely chopped tomato - 2
- Mint leaves - handful
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Chili powder - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Gram masala powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curd or Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 6 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - as needed.
- In bowl add chicken, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, masala powder and mix well. Marinate this for minimum 30 minutes.
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. drain the liquid.
- In a bowl add water as needed, salt, little drop of oil and bring to boil. Now add the soaked rice. Cook the rice until its half cooked (boiled). Drain the liquid completely and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add Cloves, Cinnamon stick,Cardamom, Bay Leaves, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds and sauté until the cumin seed splatter.
- Now add onion and sauté until they become translucent (golden brown).
- Now add green chili, mint leaves and sauté them.
- Now add tomato and sauté until they become mushy.
- Now add the marinated chicken and sauté until the chicken until the moisture dries up.
- Now spread half cooked rice over the chicken. Place a tight lid. Turn the heat to simmer and cook for 15 to 25 minutes until the rice is cooked. Biryani is ready to be served.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, sliced tomato, cumber, onion and boiled egg if you like when you serving the biryani hot.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →