Coconut burfi recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Coconut burfi recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Big coconut - 2
- Sugar - 1:1 ratio to shredded coconut
- Milk powder - 6 teaspoon (tsp.) or Thick milk 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Food color - few drops
- Ghee or Butter - as needed
- Break the coconut into halves and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. After 2 hours shredded the coconut into as small as you can.
- Now measure (weigh) the shredded coconut. Now get sugar to the weight of the shredded coconut.
- Take a cookie pan and coat it with butter or ghee.
- In a wide pan or wok; add sugar, shredded coconut. Now stir and cook this in low heat until the sugar is completely melted.
- Now add milk powder, vanilla essence, food color and continue cooking until the mixture does not stick to the pan (this should be thicker than you do for burfi).
- Now remove this from heat and transfer to the cookie pan and spread them equally. Once the burfi cools down a bit slit this into square shapes. Serve the burfi once they cool down to room temperature.
- Keeping the coconut in refrigerator helps to shredded small pieces. a
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →