Radish (mullangi) sambar recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Radish (mullangi) sambar recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Red gram dhal (thuvaram paruppu) - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Asafoetida (Perungayam) - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp)
- Green chili - 2
- Sambar powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Salt - to taste
- Cut radish - 1 or 1/2 cup
- --TO FRY IN OIL --
- Oil - 3 table spoon
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Broken black gram - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Fenugreek seed (vendhayam) – 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Curry leaves - 5 (optional)
- --TO GRIND INTO PASTE--
- Fresh shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Cumming seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp)
- In a pressure cooker cook the red gram dhal and radish until the gram dhal is cooked to a thick paste by adding 2 - 3 cup of water.
- Cut onion, tomatoes, green chili into fine pieces.
- Soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup of water for 20 - 30 minutes and make juice out of it.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seed and when it start to splatter add broken black gram, fenugreek seed and curry leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the cut onion and cook until it turns golden brown. Now add the cut green chili and cook for 1 - 2 min.
- Now add the cut tomatoes and cook until oil separates from them.
- Now add the tamarind juice, turmeric powder, asafoetida, sambar powder, salt to taste and bring it to boil.
- Now add the red gram dhal and radish, mix well and cook for 5 - 10 min and serve.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →