Green chili sambar recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Green chili sambar recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Pigeon pea - 1/4 cup
- Dry chili - 3
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tamarind juice - 3 tablespoon (tbsp.) or 1/4 cup
- Green chili - 8
- Curry leaf - 10 count
- Fresh shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Ladies finger - 7 count
- Egg plant (brinjal) - 1
- Raw mango - 1/2 size
- Asafoetida powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander leaf - little
- Chopped Onion - 3
- Chopped Tomato - 2
- Oil - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - 2 teaspoon (tsp.) or as needed,
- Chop ladies finger into small pieces. Chop eggplant (brinjal) into to 4 quarters or as you like.
- Grind coconut, green chilies into a thick fine paste by adding water as needed.
- In a pressure cooker add pigeon pea, onion, tomato, water as needed and pressure cook it.
- In a pan heat one teaspoon (tsp.) of oil and roast the ladies finger and add to pressure cooked dal.
- Now add chopped mango, egg plant (brinjal), tamarind juice, salt to dal.
- Now heat the dal and bring to boil. Now add 1 1/2 water and bring to boil for few minutes.
- In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds, dry chili, curry leaves, asafoetida powder and sauté until the mustard seeds stop splattering. Add this to the boiling sambar.
- Mix well. Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaf and serve.
- Goes well with while rice, idli, dosai.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →