Vada curry recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Vada curry recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Bengal gram - 1 cup
- Thinly sliced Onion - 3
- Chopped Tomato - 2
- Slit Green chili - 3
- Dry chili - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - from 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves - for garnish
- Salt - to taste
- -- For Tempering --
- Clove - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - as needed
- Soak bengal gram in water for half an hour. Once soaked drain water add garlic, dry chili and grind to a coarse like you do for vadai.
- Steam and cook the ground bengal gram.
- In a pan heat oil add clove, cinnamon stick, cardamom, bay leaf, fennel seed. Once fennel seed is roasted. Add onion, curry leaves, green chili and sauté until the onion turns translucent (golden brown).
- Now add tomato, ginger garlic paste and sauté until tomato is mushy and raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone.
- Now add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the steamed bengal gram and mix well.
- Now add 1 1/2 tumbler (cups) of water and bring to boil. Cook this until it become thick or the consistency you prefer.
- Garish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Goes well with idli and dosai.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →