Purslane Leaves (Paruppu Keerai) Masiyal recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Purslane Leaves (Paruppu Keerai) Masiyal recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Purslane Leaves (Paruppu Keerai) - 1 bunch
- Split green gram - 1/4 cup.
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shallot (sambar onion) - 10 count
- Garlic - 10 clove
- Tomato - 1
- Dry chili - 4
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed.
- Chop half tomato into small pieces. Chop Shallot (sambar onion) into pieces.
- In pressure cooked add water as needed and cook the split green gram until becomes a thick mash and keep it separate.
- In pressure cooker add Purslane Leaves (Paruppu Keerai), half tomato, half onion, garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.) cumin seeds, 1/4 tumbler of water and pressure cook for 2 whistle. Once the pressure is released. Cook this to room temperature and grind in mixture couple of times.
- In heat a oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, rest of the onion, dry chili and sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Now add tomato pieces and sautés until becomes mushy.
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and sauté until the chili powder raw smell is gone. .
- Now add the ground Purslane Leaves (Paruppu Keerai), Cooked green gram, add little water and cook until water is all gone and serve.
- Goes well with rice. You can cook this with any greens of your choice (spinach, drumstick leaves...)